CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Life in the Fast Lane

1 Month since my last post. Don't even know where to begin. Today, KK had her 2nd birthday party from school friends. She was able to attend both and I was very happy to see that they were such sweet girls. After tomorrow I will have had 4 games since Sept 4.
Last week one of my best friends from HS in Germany came into town to catch a Cowboys game. I have wonderful memories of us in 10th and 11th grade. Her and her husband came up without their 2 little boys; 5 and almost 2. This was their first trip in 5 yrs by themselves. You know how we are huge proponents of couple only trips if possible, even for a night. They were the BEST Cowboys fans. I was able to get them on the field for some touchdown passes between, Trev, Connor, KK and Eric, while Jenn and I reminisced. When I showed them where their seats were, they were speechless, 2 rows from the field, 5yd line. KK took a liking to Jenn, reminded me so much of my sister Carrie. She used to hang all over Jenn 17 years ago. We went to the mall to go to the Pro Shop after the mini tour. Connor was confused as to why there was nobody at the stadium... We pretty much had it to ourselves. Unfortunately, throughout this day I was a little out of it. I slipped and fell the night before on my way to my car after work. Straight to the ER after stopping and picking up Trev and the kids. I was almost certain I had not broken anything, but needed some pain medicine and thought the x-rays would not hurt. Checked in at 7:44pm and were out of there by 9pm. I bruised my tailbone pretty bad. Needless to say after 3 vicadin, Saturday I was not feeling any pain but was soooo sick. I don't do well with anything stronger than Motrin. But the pain was sooo bad that I was willing to get sick to get over the pain. So, my visit with Jenn was a little groggy with the pain medicine in me.
KK is adjusting to school very well. She was getting a little sassy right before school started and everyone said that Kindergarten would fix that and they were right. She is back to our sweet, pleasant KK. Today she told me more than 5 times I was the best mom ever and I even got a thank you for taking me to the birthday party and she pd me $.52. She is starting to realize we sometimes reward with coins for good eating or helping around the house. So today, I guess I did want she liked so I got paid! Thanks KK.
Connor is doing good. He loves all of the babysitters coming over to the house after school. We were having one of them pick up b-4 nap 2 times a week, but he loves Ms. Janices' class so much he wants the extra 2 hours even if he is asleep. He still enjoys his music. This boy has some serious moves.
Trev took the kids to the Lewisville Farmers parade that was a couple of weeks ago. They really enjoyed that, Firetruck throwing out candy is #1 on Connor's list of cool things.
At the beginning of Sept we celebrated my Great Aunt's 80th birthday. That was so cool! It was a surprise and there were about 30 of us. The coolest part is that she made it to this birthday, last year some of you may remember, she had surgery on her toe and 2 days later she was in the hospital on a ventilator due to her heart problems. After 5 months of hard fought battle on her part to get herself not only better but back home was a miracle. We were very happy to celebrate this very special day with her.
I have been couponing the past 2 months... I know as if I didn't have enough. It is working though. A girlfriend of mine and I swap coupons, after I have looked at the newspaper coupons I cut the ones I want and then give her the "leftovers" and she does the same. Stockpiling coupons makes the savings so much better. Currently we are stockpiled on sandwich bags, shaving cream, paper towel, hand soap and bar soap and detergent. I have not bought any of those items full price and when there is a good deal I usually get 3 or 4 of them with the coupons on top. The way we could really tell is that our grocery bill was down over $75 this past month. Thanks Leslie!
Trev is going to the game tomorrow. It will be his first this year and Pa, Maw Maw and Aunt Tammy are coming up, don't forget Copper, the puppy. This will be the first time a puppy has been in our house, should be interesting. The kids absolutely LOVE Copper.
Next week, Pop Pop and Grammy are flying in for a quick 60 hour visit. We are grateful for any of the time!
Off to get some shut eye before the big game tomorrow.

1 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

I am just catching up on everyone's blogs- GIRL!!! You are living life in the fast lane- you better slow down for a second and breathe!!! Birthday parties, company, couponing and THE ER!?!?! I had no idea! I am so sorry about that unfortunate field trip for you! I hope you are feeling better today and catching up on your rest. I am so glad both kiddos are enjoying school so much!!!