CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Almost Healthy Again

Well...sigh of relief to say the least! After over 11 days of sick kiddos, we might be done. I really don't want to jinx it but... KK started almost 2 weeks ago with a fever and stayed home on Friday and was hit or miss on Sat. Then I left for a quick trip to NY and I mean quick, touch down to touch down it was 18 hours, Connor ended up with a fever that night. Trev stayed home with him Weds and Thurs... we thought he had the same thing as KK and so on Fri I went in to work in the afternoon and the babysitter came over. That night Carrie, KK and I went to listen to TD Jakes at our church (talk about that in a min) he was okay not great but then Sat he could not swallow any food, mind you he hadn't eaten since Tues lunch, but the difference on Sat is he wanted to but could not... after a trip to the acute care clinic, we discovered he had scarlet fever and strep and a possible ear infection. Sunday, not too bad then came the night and his breathing was all off... Trev off another day and back to our dr, for a confirmation of scarlet fever, strep and 2 Ear infections and yes, back to breathing treatments 4x a day. So I stayed home today and he has finally turned the corner. 6 chicken tenders, donuts, pretzel at the mall, fruit roll up, oranges and some smarties candy for good measure he can eat thank goodness!!!
I read a lot of other blogs and some of them are soo very sad about sick little ones. Blogging is a way to keep close friends and family aware of day to day changes for people with out calling everyone, so sometimes I jump into people's personal lives and find out that there are a lot of sick little ones out there. I am very grateful that as bad as CB was for about 4 days he is bouncing, eating, singing, arguing with his sister and not listening the first time I tell him to do something. All of these things, singlely are small but added up all together it is a VERY healthy CB. We will take the loud crazy chatter any day over the very sad couch ridden, no talking, bags under his eyes Connor.
As for TD Jakes... he rocks the house. Our church puts on a creative church conference every year and I usually am able to hear 1 or 2 speakers and for the past 3 years I have heard TD. He is soooo good! Carrie and I of course recited as many of his cliches back and forth for a couple of days... a couple of them were..."When you are in trouble and ask God a question, and he answers back with a question, it is not because he does not know the answer." "Our extraordinary God uses ordinary people" "When people are looking for answers and they go to a person, that person may not have the capacity to fill you up. Everyone has a different capacity level, there is only one who can fill you up and that is God." He spoke for over an hour and a half, of which KK fell asleep on my lap, not quite sure how she did not wake up while I clapped and cheered throughout the sermon along with the other 5000 ppl!
I got to sit next to my good friend Judy, her husband Randy and their son our babysitter Greg. Randy is a kidney transplant recipient, he received it over 5years ago, after battling kidney disease for over 15 years. Everything was going great until last Christmas Eve, 2007, he was put back on dialysis Christmas Eve 2008 and is back on the donor list again, his disease ate up this perfect match, living donor kidney. He also lost his job in December. I cannot imagine, his medicine is over 25 pills a day, at least it used to be while it was protecting the kidney. He was in good spirits. Judy is such a sweet person, she works at the church in the pre-school and I worked with her up there for over 6 years. She has 3 boys, 21, 18 and 16. They have already gone through this once, I cannot imagine going through it again. Please pray for their entire family. I was so glad that we were sitting next to each other for that inspirational sermon.
So tonight as you go about your daily routines, remember how very blessed, not lucky, we all are for each day that we have and each healthy day that we have, because we are not promised tomorrow, nor are we promised it to be the same as today.

1 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

Beautiful post Heather... sounds like a wonderful sermon! Sorry to hear about CB! Scarlet fever sounds so scary but I am so glad he is turning the corner. I pray that no one else in your family catches anything else this germ season and I will keep Judy and Randy and their entire family in my prayers...