This entry is all about my sister. She is 9 1/2 years younger than me. She has been "my buddy" since she could say my buddy. She has looked up to me. She has waited for me to come home from college to visit. She has done Almost anything I have asked her to do. And all of you older sisters out there know that we ask our younger sisters to do LOTS! And pretty much in my case my sister always does them. She has looked up to me. She has loved me. She has called on me. She has done many things for me.
The one thing I have done for my sister is Prayed since the day that I knew it was part of her plan for her to move to Texas and it has Finally happened. You see she went to ACU 8 years ago. I thought that was the coolest thing, because until then we were over 5 states away from each other. Then she graduated in 2005 and moved to Co to await her next school in Nebraska. So for the last 2 1/2 years she has been completing her Doctorate in Nebraska with short stints in Texas, Iowa, Pennsylvania and now back to Texas. And officially yesterday we moved her into her new apartment, 4 minutes away from my house. Now that was a little bit weird because we have not lived in the same area without living in the same house. So when she left my house last night to go to her apartment I was a little sad. But, just like I have to keep reminding my kids she is not going anywhere, she LIVES here now. I am excited that my sister lives right down the street, not because of the cool things she has already done in the last 24 hours which is call before she went to Wal-Mart to see if I needed anything, can you say YES! And the fact that she is going to watch my kids on Tuesday b.c the babysitter is unable to, but because we will be able to be a part of each other's everyday lives. You see it has been over 17 years since we will have been in each other's lives almost everyday. And 17 years ago I was hmmm 18yrs old and she was 8yrs old. You can only imagine where I am going with this because if you think I totally appreciated my sister for all of her wonderful qualities you are mistaken because back then, I was moving so fast and furious and she was always right underneath my feet, that sometimes I would move faster so she could not always catch up. Not this time. I will not run, I want to walk beside her so we can start this next chapter of our life together. I want to walk and enjoy my family together, I want to walk and see the people that God puts in her life (husband to be someday), I want to walk and help others with her as we volunteer to make a difference in other people's lives, I want to walk and grow in our journey with God. You see this time I am going to enjoy everyday with my sister. Don't get me wrong, I did not treat my sister badly 17 years ago, I just did not slow down to enjoy all of my time with her. I am very thankful that I get another chance to hang out with my sister do the regular things in life.
She is my biggest fan of this blog and she reads it quite often. She gets on me when I do not update it. So here's to you sister!! Many, many happy memories are about to take place, thank you for choosing this location of all of the places you could have started your career and your adult life!!! Here's to a fun, memorable, rewarding journey! I love you!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Sisters
Posted by Fuxa Family at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment