CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Twas the Night Before Kindergarten

Right Before Bed Tonight... It feels a little like Christmas Eve at our houseLast year 1st day at Pre-KWell here we are... all we have to do now is drop her off.
The pick your own dinner is over, the movie night(that will most likely become a night before the first day of school tradition) is over, the kindergarten handprint is over, the first day outfit selection is over, for that matter the first week's outfits are over, the lunches are scheduled for the week, and the CRAZY logistics of who is dropping off and who is picking up is over.

Tomorrow will be a very hard day for mom, I will not let her see me cry but I am sure there will be plenty of that on my car ride to work after the drop off. I am very excited for her and she is very excited. She has no idea what to expect, but she did meet the teacher and she did see her spot at the table. Right now she is most excited about having a locker in her classroom with her name on it and how many times she will get to go through the lunch line to get a special treat.

This day could not have come at a crazier time for my work, a game last Friday night putting me home at 2am and another game this upcoming Thursday. But we have managed to get everything set so that the beginning of this new chapter for Ms. KK is a smooth and fun one.

I was thinking today while everyone was taking a well-deserved nap about my memory of my first day of kindergarten and I can barely remember being dropped off by my dad. Mr. Diamond was my teacher and if I close my eyes I can still visualize his room. We only went 1/2 days back then. So all of this hustle and bustle for this one BIG event is probably all for me and Trev in the long run because she is not going to have very many memories of this Big day, but we will have our stories and the pictures of course to show her what a big girl she has become and how proud of her we already are.

1 comments:

Grow with Griffin said...

Awww- I just got a lump in my throat after reading this post. Been thinking about you all day. I hope you are hanging in there. When you pick up KK and see that HUGE smile, I hope it makes your heart smile too! I know what a hard day this is for the mommies (more than the kids)- I will be looking for your shoulder 5 years from now :-) Can't wait to hear all about KK's first day, week and year of Kindergarten!!! Yea! :-) I am missing the first day jitter feeling this year myself!